Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Brazil update 1

I arrived in Brazil yesterday to an extra special greeting. I knew Micah and Marla would be picking me up and I figured Gwen (another missionary here) might be there to drive, but I didn't figure that my good friends the McKee’s would also be there waiting. The McKees are a family from Ireland who attended a three week long training session with me at OMS headquarters this past July. They have only been in Brazil for a little over 2 weeks now and are working at the OMS camp outside the city of Londrina. It was a great surprise to have a small welcoming party.

I managed to sleep about 8 hours of my 10 hour flight on the way down so when I arrived I was close to being right on schedule as far as sleep goes. When I arrived it was just a little past noon so later in the afternoon we decided to take the bus into town and do a little Christmas shopping at the mall. I was surprised by how much Christmas "stuff"” there was around. It'’s nothing compared to the United States, but still much more than I expected.

Today Micah informed me that the "“Eating Tour of Londrina"” was about to begin. I thought it had already started last night when we visited the neighborhood Ice Cream shop at 9pm but apparently it "officially"” starts tonight when we go to an all you can eat pizza restaurant. Micah has planned our schedule around who is available to eat at what restaurant when so this vacation should be one for the ages.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lon,

Sorry I missed you when you were home a few days ago. It sounds like you are all in for a great adventure this coming week. Thanks for writing more about your trips. You are a great writer! I can see that God is moving in your life.

Hope to see you next time you are in town.