Friday, April 20, 2007

Africa by the Numbers

2 – Flat tires in Burundi

2,000,000 – potholes hit before those tires went flat

11 – people who decided to accept Christ during our visits in Burundi

93 – orphans who welcomed us in Kenya

1 – African Quaker who I met in Kenya

3 – numbers of times he told me that he hadn’t seen me "quake" yet

9 – Pastors that we visited during their training course in Burundi

5 – churches visited in Burundi

3 – hours spent touring the apartheid museum in South Africa

4 – Countries visited (outside of an airport)

16 – African countries that ECC expects to work in for 2007

100,000 – minimum number of times that I was called a “Mazungu”

1 – day spent in Rwanda

2 – days spent in Burundi

100+ – Mosquitoes swarming in my room in Burundi

5 – Mosquito bites from those Mosquitoes

0 – Mosquito bites that anyone else in our group received

5 – days spent in Kenya

6 – days spent in South Africa

3 – average daily banana consumption

6 – the most number of bicyclists I’ve seen holding on to any one truck for a free ride

9 – airports traveled through from start to finish

2 – small sticks of sugar cane eaten

116 – days until I return to Africa

No comments: