Wednesday, August 06, 2008

An Overdue Update

Wow, a lot has happened since my last post. This past June, I accepted a new position in OMS serving within the communications department. In my new role, I'll be leading up a team that is responsible for all the audio and visual productions for OMS. Many of the videos that OMS produces are used for fund raising by our overseas missionaries. Generally, our missionaries come home every 5th year to raise money so they can return overseas and work for 4 years. While they are home they speak in many settings including churches and homes where it is useful for them to have a video presentation they can make showcasing their ministry.

In addition to funding videos, the communications department also produces informational and recruitment videos. In the coming months, we will be working on a major informational video for ECC (Every Community for Christ) as well as a new corporate video for OMS. Hopefully these videos will effectively communicate the vision, goals and direction of OMS to those who are unfamiliar with our organization.

Aside from producing videos, I hope to travel once or twice a year and continue to photograph and video the work of our missionaries throughout the world.

All in all, I'm glad that I have a very direct part in helping our missionaries raise support so they can do the work that God has called them to. I also look forward to helping OMS share its message of what God is doing around the world.

No comments: