Today I visited CAM (Christian Academy of Mozambique) school in downtown Maputo. When I first arrived in Mozambique, I was asked to speak in the chapel service that they have every Friday. Internally was excited at the opportunity to speak, but I was also very unsure of what to speak about. My audience would be a group of students ranging from kindergarten to 12th graders. That's a large age group to try and prepare for. I also knew that my time would be limited so I struggled trying to prepare. As it turned out, I decided to keep it simple. I told them about who I was and how I got involved in missions work and doing the photography and video work for OMS. Then I shared a little bit with them about living the Christian life and putting your trust in God. Once chapel was over I spent the remainder of the day popping in and out of classrooms getting pictures and video of the students.
I also enjoyed meeting the head secretary at the school, Xena, who is originally from Russia but has married a man from India. She shared with me her testimony of how she became a Christian and how her children recently accepted Christ. Her husband is still a practicing Hindu, but not strongly and Lord willing not for much longer.
After the kids had been dismissed from school I was able to get an interview with Larry and Susan Weil, two of our missionaries in Mozambique. Once finished at the school, Larry and Susan took me to dinner at a nice restaurant that overlooks the Indian ocean. It was a great way to end the day.
A rare picture of me working

Kids playing during lunch at CAM
No comments:
Post a Comment