Sunday, May 31, 2009

Speed Month

The month of May in Indiana is commonly referred to as "Speed Month" among the locals and for good reason. Every year, hundreds of thousands of spectators turn out at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway for the world famous Indy 500 race. I grew up watching the race as a kid and I've had an interest in racing all my life but one thing I didn't know was just how many events there are leading up to the actual race itself. As a new resident to Indiana I've been really surprised by it all.

One event I got to attend was the Pole day qualifications. I was given a free ticket by a friend to attend and I must say it was almost as enjoyable as the race itself. I did end up attending the race with a friend of mine from work. All in all, it was a fun month that lived up to it's name as it was here and gone in no time at all.

I made a little video of the race day itself. Click here to watch it.

No comments: