Saturday, September 23, 2006

Africa Trip Update 4

Which language would you like to speak? This past week I've been attending an ECC conference in Johannesburg, South Africa. All the leaders of the ECC programs in Africa joined together for 4 days. In all, there were 38 attendees representing 14 countries. The first day of the conference we made a list of the various languages that were spoken by the participants. For the entire group there were 33 different languages that could be spoken.

Today is my last full day in Africa. Dave and I return to Oregon tomorrow afternoon. To make the most of this "day off" I decided to visit a local Lion Park outside Joburg with Rich Yoder, an OMS missionary from Indiana. We decided that he would try his luck at driving on the left hand side of the road and I would navigate. (ie. remind him what side of the road he needed to be on.) By the grace of God we made it to the park and back alive. Tonight I get to go to a rugby game with one of the OMS missionaries from South Africa. It should be a lot of fun and will hopefully serve as a good substitute for college football which I am dearly missing these days.

Once I return home I'll post the remaining photos from this trip. They should be up around the 26th or so.

No comments: