It seems like I’ve been telling people for months now that I would be moving to Indiana this summer, but every so often I run into somebody that hasn’t heard yet. So in case you haven’t heard, this post is for you!
In the next week or so I’ll be leaving for
Indiana to start my new position with OMS.
I decided earlier this spring that once my time was finished with Dave Graffenberger, I would begin working at the OMS headquarters as a part time assistant to Dean Davis.
Dean is the International Director of Every Community for Christ, which is the same department that I was working in while I was acting as Dave’s assistant.
Other than my location, not a lot will be changing for me.
I’ll get to travel around the world with Dean just like I did with Dave and there will be some other projects that I’ll participate in once I get to
Indiana.
The biggest of these projects will be the production of a video for ECC that we are hoping to have finished up by May of 2008.
As for my trip to Indiana, many people have asked how I’m getting there. I’ve learned a lot of cool car packing tricks from my time overseas so I've decided to give it a try myself. Next week I'll load my car up as much as possible then drive it 2000+ miles to Indiana. Those things which don’t fit into or on top of my car will just be left behind for now. If you get a glimpse of an overloaded VW Jetta running on the interstates, say a little prayer for me and my safe journey!
A few people have asked if they’ll ever see me in Oregon again. The answer to that is Yes! In October I am planning a trip out for the OMS missions in the Northwest conference. This will be held in Clackamas, Oregon on the weekend of October 5-6, 2007. This event is open to anyone to attend, so be sure to check out the link above for more information concerning it and save the dates on your calendar. In the near future a mailing should be going out giving more details as well. Regarding any other visits I may make to Oregon, I don’t have definite plans for anything just yet. I will say, however, that I have lots of frequent flyer miles to use up and the Oregon Ducks have 7 home football games this year so it might be hard for me to stay away come Saturdays this fall.
No comments:
Post a Comment